IDC STAFF INSTRUCTOR
WHO CAN DO THIS?
A PADI MSDT that wants to be a PADI IDC Staff Instructor can assist the Course Director on an IDC with the instructor development. On this course you focus on evaluation and counselling, taking in all those things you miss on your first IDC as you focus on passing the exam. As a Staff Instructor you are qualified to teach the Assistant Instructor course, staff IDCs and it is the next step towards Master Instructor and the PADI Course Director course.
To qualify for training on your PADI Staff Instructor Course, you must:
• Be at least 18 years old
• Be certified as a diver for at least six months
• Have 100 logged dives that include experience in night, deep and navigation diving to participate in the
Specialty Instructor Development Course.
• Be certified as a PADI MSDT
• Be fit for diving and submit a medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
• Have proof of CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months (The Emergency First Responder course meets this requirement)
During your training we will practice evaluating academic, open water and confined presentations, looking in depth at the scoring criteria and counselling techniques. We will also overview standards for assistant instructor and IDC candidates plus review how to schedule and market an assistant instructor course. You also have the option to audit an entire IDC to gain more practice and experience with evaluating and counselling.
BENEFITS FOR AN INSTRUCTOR